Hey you! How’s that job hunt going? This week I want to help you answer one of THE most important interview questions: Why are you interested in this job?
The point of this question is to show why you like this company in particular, and that you’re genuinely passionate about the work on offer.
So to get started, let’s look at some of the worst ways to answer this question:
- …because of the salary
- …because it’s close to home
- …because they have great perks
- …because of the hours
None of the above answers show you’re genuinely interested in the role or company and are red flags 🚩for employers.
To really nail this question, focus your answer around these 2 elements:
- Do you like the company values / culture?
- Does the company have a good reputation?
- Do they provide longer-term career opportunities?
- Does the product/service relate to your personal interests?
- What are the main qualities needed for this role and do you have those attributes?
- Have you got any previous experience in parts of the role that you enjoyed?
- Do you know anybody that has done similar work and has recommended it?
Example: Why do you want this cleaning job?
‘I’ve always been a very meticulous person paying attention to detail. In my home, everything is always organised and clean, and I find it really therapeutic! I also like that your company comes across as very professional and seems to have high standards.’
Remember, employers want to hire people who are enthusiastic and reliable. They want YOU to fill them with confidence 🤩
Catch you guys next week!
Ps. New vacancies in retail are now live 🔥