Specifications Sales Manager - Midlands and Southwest
The Opportunity:The UK is their biggest market and biggest opportunity. A key goal for them is to increase market share and this role will be significant in executing the field sales strategy to regain this and build a performance and results driven culture in UK sales.For the Specification Sales Manager position, primarily you will be creating customer value and supporting business objectives by developing strategies to introduce their product range as a solution for people who specify their products.
Fundamentally, you will develop long term relationships with specifiers, for example architects, interior designers, retail end users, contractors and corporate clients.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful person would be but no limited to: * To look after Architects & Designers or anyone that has the potential to specify the companies laminates products. * Be responsible for specification meetings with Architects & Designers, following up sample requests, creation of opportunities, and nurturing those opportunities until subcontractors are appointed, passing these over to the Field Sales team to close.
* You will guide the Specification Managers to present RIBA Approved CPDs, there are no set targets for these, but there are 2 current subjects on offer, and you will be proactive with these RIBA Approved CPD Seminars and/or Lunch & Learn sessions.
The audience receives 3 points for attending hosting events. If you are interested in hosting events, the client is open to this, but this is not essential.
* The laminates you will normally specify for are for Interior doors, Wall panelling Washrooms & WCs, Furniture items, General joinery and Signage * You will be keen to build strategic long-term partnerships * Ensure needs of the business are met, ensuring delivery on time and within spec.
* Developing and presenting an activity plan for each opportunity on an annual basis that delivers on financial objectives of the company. * Ensures plans are in line with other account plans so there is a cohesive approach to the achievement of overall Company objectives.
* Strategy defined for where new specification opportunities will come from and how relationships will be built with key specifiers. * Working with the Specification Manager to improve the companies specification process to maximise success within the top architectural and interior design practices and retail end-users.
* Keep abreast of construction/specification market intelligence, working with the Specification Manager to develop specific market opportunities particularly in the washroom, doors, education, healthcare, retail, hospitality, transport, laboratory, leisure, exterior and office.
* Developing relationships with key specifiers in an agreed geographical area, ensuring that the company’s products are specified, the supply chain identified and working with the sales team ensure that opportunities are managed to a successful conclusion. * Understand how customers measure success and how we can play a part in their future direction/ projects.
* Emphasising product features and benefits based on the customer needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities. * The company has previous relationships of which you can take advantage of, which can be nurtured further, so you can take ownership and establish contact.
The Candidate:The successful Specification Sales Manager will be/have: * Working within a similar or related sales process specifying with Architects & Designers within the territory. * You do not necessarily need to be in Laminates as product knowledge can be trained * Team player, commercially savvy * Key locations to be based are - Birmingham, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Blackburn, Worcester, Hereford, Gloucester or Bristol.
* You will be comfortable or used to travelling to clients three to four days a week with one to two administration days from home * Opportunities can be for as low as £2k all the way up to £100k+, average £40 - £50k.
* You will pick up some superb relationships within the Architects & Designer community and also some key Global Key Accounts. * Targeted plans in place of how you will develop industry knowledge.
* Attend Sales meetings for UK & Ireland Sales Meetings to Head office in Newcastle, twice a year. Although meetings may be held in the new Showroom in London to mix things up a bit.Benefits:Competitive salaryCar Allowance @ £6000 per/annumDaily Lunch allowance @ £3.
50 (no receipt required)25 Days Annual leave (Calendar year)Travel & hotels booked on account by business partners Corporate Travel (i.e., staff don’t need to pay for these upfront) with dispensation for meals and breakfastsStaff Support Scheme (External company, free to all staff)Onsite Nurse & Mental Health Support GroupOn-site parkingBonus scheme to be introduced in Q1 2022Pension Scheme (6% by the client)Company eventsThey have big ambitions for the future - and therefore want to speak to the right individuals with the right energy and values to take them there.
Please contact for a confidential discussion
Interested in this position?
Apply in one-click with our app - check it out!