Vehicle Builder / Mechanical Modifications (Rolling Stock)
🔥 Be one of the first to apply!
HOURS PER WEEK: 37 hours with potential for O/T
SHIFTS: Monday - Friday (6-2 and 2-10)
RATES: �16.20 Mornings - �17.40 Afternoons (PAYE)
�20.49 Mornings - �22.05 Afternoons (Umbrella rates)
Skill sets considered - Mechanical assembly, RAF mechanics/Engineers, automotive assembly, HGV assembly/mechanics.
The role is carrying out Mechanical overhaul and retrofit. You will specifically with a focus on ensuring units are complete prior to being dispatched.
The position is based on a busy manufacturing plant and all applicants would be expected to complete the following:
* Fitting interiors and body sides
* Refitting, Seats, Grab Rails, Poles etc
* Fitting large components such as axle boxes, bogies, valves and couplers
* Work from written instruction (VMI)
* Work from Mechanical Engineering drawings, working to specific measurements
* Replacing mechanical components to correspond to engineering drawings
* Work flexibly within team
* Working to the business competency standards (Torque Tightening, Earth Bonding, Rivnut, Monobolt)
You will be a highly self-motivated individual, able to work under your own initiative. Attitude and enthusiasm is key for this role as those that display reliability, technical ability and motivation may be asked to stay on in the long-term.
Candidates from the following background will be considered:
* 2 years Rolling Stock experience in Vehicle Building, Mechanical Mods or Mechanical Maintenance
* 2 years Forces safety critical maintenance experience. (RAF, REME, Army, Navy)
* 2 years Aviation safety critical maintenance or modification experience with Level 3 Qualification
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE CAN YOU SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV TOGETHER WITH A COPY OF YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND PASSPORT or ID.
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS AN DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION (this is standard procedure on Rail depots)
Email: (url removed)
Phone: (phone number removed)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client.