Leading M&E / Building Services contracting requires a Senior M&E QS with experience of working on rail projects to join their team in London. This leading brand is happy to secure candidates who are looking for either permanent of contract work and this position will see you work with a wide variety or clients such as Principal Contractors as well as end clients such as Network Rail or London Underground.
As Senior M&E QS you will be responsible for:
- Work alongside various Project Managers, carrying out Quantity Surveying function on M&E, telecoms and building services projects within a railway environment
- Provide guidance to operational staff and ensure governance is followed in respect to Terms and Conditions of various forms of contract including JCT, NEC and bespoke.
- Working with Finance to set up formal reporting for the projects.
- Support the procurement of the supply chain and take responsibility for the management of the on-going supply chain including raising Subcontract Agreements.
- Support the development of associated commercial process and procedures and the briefing of these to the operational team.
- Manage the monthly applications and ensure that the business is securing full entitlement.
- Raise Early Warning notices and Compensation Events as required.
- Manage Change Requests from the Client and compile re-pricing of the project as required.
- Compile Cost Value Reconciliation for each project.
- Supporting in bids and tenders.
- Conduct site visits for progress meetings and valuations.
To be considered for the role candidates will have the following experience:
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a commercial or construction subject
- Relevant quantity surveying experience working on M&E projects within a railway environment
- Experience working for a M&E Contractor/sub-contractor
For more information contact Oli or just simply apply online.