Regional Finance Manager
The Opportunity:As Regional Finance Manager, you will primarily implement the finance strategy and build and develop financial services across the regions, leading a team to deliver these services, to ensure long term financial viability of the organisation and its subsidiaries.Reporting into the Head of Financial Control & Operations with direct reports of Finance Business Partners and key stakeholders will be Service Managers, Area Managers, Senior Management Team, Executive team.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to: * Keep the Head of Financial Control & Operations appraised of all financial developments, potential risks and changes.
* Create and maintain regular liaison with the senior management team and leadership. * In collaboration with the Head of Financial Control & Operations, implement the finance strategy across regions and advise on financial implications of any proposed actions.
* In collaboration with other Regional Finance Managers build, implement and develop, financial services, processes and controls across your region, ensuring consistency of application across all regions. * Play a key role in planning and budgeting processes and ensure strong controls are in place for resource allocation and monitoring at all financial levels of the organisation.
* Work with the Head of Financial Control & Operations on risk management techniques to ensure that financial controls are embedded within the organisation and its subsidiary companies.
* Manage, mentor, coach and ensure the development of staff reporting to you. This includes involvement in delivering appropriate training, recruitment, induction, monitoring performance, managing absence and carrying out performance reviews. * Manage budgets and cashflow, income and expenditure accounts, financial ratios and statutory accounts.
* Participate in the review and improvement surrounding all aspects of the organisations budgets, forecasts and financial systems. * Ensure financial information is accurate and timely by monitoring key accounts reconciliations.
* Plan projects, exploring potential problems or opportunities, and carry out any necessary research and analysis, ensuring that staff and resources are available to execute the project. * Provide financial support to the Business Development team for tenders, funding applications and background information.
* Provide Leadership and direction to the team(s) in your area and communicate key decisions. Deputise for the other regional Finance Managers and the Head of Financial Control & Operations. * Provide reports and briefings as required, including reports to the Senior Management Team, and operational and strategic meetings.
* Set up and maintain key audit information on various cost centres/ projects.The Candidate:The successful Regional Finance Manager will be/have: * ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified * Have an ability to analyse and report on financial information to non-finance and be a voice for making the numbers meaningful * Able to challenge the status quo around surplus vs.
performance * Taking an active approach to management and statutory accounting and get involved in standardising the regions and the steps needed on KPI setting * You will be a people person, with leadership, development and supervisory experience in managing a team, not hand holding but wanting to take the team on a journey * Experience of producing and monitoring budgets/forecasts - income and expenditure, balance sheet and cashflow statements * Knowledge of Sun Accounts finance system would be nice, but not essential * Proficient in Microsoft applications * Comfortable working with/at senior management levelBenefits:Competitive basic salaryUp to 32 days Annual Leave per yearCompetitive company pension scheme with employer contributionsLife Assurance SchemeDiscounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, Retailers and travel suppliers.
Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU usersEmployee Assistance ProgrammeLearning & Development opportunitiesRegular team social eventsTraining and DevelopmentA great working environmentPlease contact for a confidential discussion
Interested in this position?
Apply in one-click with our app - check it out!