Quality Manager (Operations)
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Quality Manager of Operations to join one of the largest life science companies in the world. They specialise in analytical and bespoke specialist testing, covering environmental testing, asbestos and waste.Role• Ensuring business compliance to QMS and associated documentation.
• Ensuring QMS and business compliance to appropriate standards (ISO17025, MCERTS, ISO14001 and any other deemed appropriate).• Supporting Facilities team with the development, delivery and maintenance of the Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO14001.• Driving continual improvement and development of internal process and systems.
• Management of performance and development of Quality Administrator.Responsibilities• Review and management of NWA system and QC performance.• Support technical development based on trend monitoring, highlighting issues and proactive reviewing.
• Review and management of all quality checks within the laboratory and wider business.• Data manipulation and presenting of statistics and reports for leadership team, executive team and group forums.• Supporting the UKAS audit process.• Internal quality auditing.• Chairing discussions with quality champions in the lab and feeding into development decisions.
• Supporting Operational Management in decision making processes to ensure quality processes are followed and considered.• Supporting the commercial teams as requested in pursuing new business or maintaining relationships.
• Supporting the query / NCW / complaint processes, including the maintenance of all relevant logs and reportable outputs.• Deliver meaningful corrective actions in response to non-conformances.• Support the Quality Compliance team as needed.• Provision of training and induction for staff in areas of quality.
• Provide support to the Q&P Director as needed.• To comply with the Health & Safety and ISO14001 requirements of the role.Key Attributes• Commercial awareness• Project management• Professional relationship management• Decision making• Results focus• Technical competence• OrganisationQualifications• Degree level / HNC - Science or equivalent• ISO17025Skills / Experience• MS Office - intermediate• Good communication skills • Numerical and verbal reasoning• Auditing experience (ISO17025) (essential)• Experience of working in a UKAS environment• Experience of working in an environmental field / laboratory (desirable)If you'd like to apply or discuss the role further, please contact Lana @ Cooper Lomaz
Interested in this position?
Apply in one-click with our app - check it out!