Area Sales Manager
An Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer role selling technical components, bearings, power transmission into industrial OEM markets for an international manufacturer of technical industrial bearings, power transmission components and subsystems and associated services - a leader in their field worldwide.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000BENEFITS: · OTE: £50,000, realistic and exceedable· Fully Expensed Quality Company Car (BMW 3 Series Hybrid Type or Equivalent)· Full Out of Pocket Expenses· Company Credit Card· Full Home, Remote Communications Package including Laptop, Mobile etc· Generous Contributory Pension - 3% Candidate, 8% Company· Life Assurance x3 Salary· Healthcare Scheme· Company Share Incentive Scheme· Childcare Vouchers· 25 Days Holidays plus statsLOCATION: The UK, based West or East Midlands and surrounding areasCOMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: West Midlands, Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Gloucester, Worcester, Nottingham, Derby, Aylesbury, St Albans, Luton, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Bedford, Wolverhampton, Stoke on Trent, WarringtonJOB DESCRIPTION: Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Sales Manager / Business Development Manager / Technical Sales - Components, Bearings, Power Transmission to OEMsThis is a pivotal role for my client - you will have full responsibility for developing sales for this worldwide manufacturer of industrial engineered motion and mechanical power transmission components, subsystem and associated services the rail market in the UK and Nordic region.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Sales Manager / Business Development Manager / Technical Sales - Components, Bearings, Power Transmission to OEMs· To develop a range of industrial OEM markets for my client in the UK and Nordic region, mostly UK with particular emphasis on the rail market which is worth circa $10m+ per annum including some important major accounts with $1m+ annual spends.
· Markets include automotive, truck, off highway including agriculture and construction, renewables, aerospace, metals, mining and marine OEMs also rail operators and maintenance and overhaul companies.
· Business comes from winning large tenders which require an understanding of SLAs, contractual obligations and liabilities.
· Also signing customers up to other types of contractual agreements down to transactional sales coming from ongoing and day to day contact with the client and account development.
· New business generation.
· Although this all requires a high level of commercial acumen and experience, sales will also involve classic component “speccing in” on an applications basis to (design) engineering personnel at OEMs.
· You will get a lot of support from the company’s team of market and rail specialist Application Engineers.
· You will also deal with Purchasing Managers and senior Scheduling and Engineering personnel at customers.PERSON SPECIFICATION: Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Sales Manager / Business Development Manager / Technical Sales - Components, Bearings, Power Transmission to OEMs· To be considered for this high profile and strategically important role for the company you will have experience selling technical or engineered components, subsystems or solutions industrial OEM and MRO markets.
Preferably not essentially with a knowledge of bearings or power transmission components.
Any rail market experience would help. · You will have the experience and credibility to operate at a high level and deal with major tenders and sometimes complex contractual and service level agreements.· Ideally, you will be qualified to at least HNC or full apprenticeship level, ideally degree level in mechanical engineering.
any other business studies or commercial qualifications would be preferred.THE COMPANY:My client was established in over 120 years ago with a $3.9bn annual turnover from 17,000 employees in 42 countries worldwide, New York Stock Exchange listed for a nearly a century.
They are a major world player in the engineered bearings, power transmission and associated products such as engineered surfaces, seals, chain and auger, motion control and lubrication, also re-manufacture, repair/overhaul and training services and solutions.
They are a byword for quality, technical excellence and aftersales backup in their market.PROSPECTS:Very good in a worldwide group of companies that is always expanding organically and by acquisition. There is a large structured sales force in the UK and worldwide for you to develop your career within, the line manager for this role is a good example of this potential progression.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, Strategic Account Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Senior Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager - Bearings, Power Transmission Components to Rail, Automotive, Truck, Off Highway, Agriculture, Construction, Renewables, Aerospace, Metals, Mining and Marine OEMsINTERESTED?
Please click apply.
You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.REF: RP16364, Wallace Hind Selection
Interested in this position?
Apply in one-click with our app - check it out!