Finance Business Partner or Senior FP & A
The Opportunity:As Finance Business Partner, primarily you will ensure they remain agile and cost focussed. This is a key role within their rapidly growing business and it will have immediate and regular exposure to their Directors and Senior Stakeholders.Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to: * As one of their Finance Business Partners, you will be responsible for producing financial models and forecasts to improve results and decision making within our specialist logistics business.
This will require an individual with the confidence and experience to influence people and drive results within a multi-site operational environment.
Therefore, you will need to be highly commercial and able to communicate detailed insight to non-finance professionals. * Reporting into our Financial Controller, you will work closely with their Operations Director and Regional Directors, who will look to you, to truly partner with them and drill down beneath the surface of the numbers to understand the finance function.
* The successful candidate needs to be someone who can not only perform detailed financial analysis, but can also identify actions from this and work with management to make changes.
You will need to be equally good at communication and managing relationships as well as financial analysis and accounting.Key Accountabilities: * Develop an understanding of the commercial charging mechanisms for key customer accounts and use this knowledge to confirm that we are charging customers accurately and capturing all billing opportunities.
* Perform regular profitability analysis on key customer accounts and identify actions to improve margins. * Identifying changes to resource levels, how jobs are operated, labour cost controls, etc which will improve results and working with management to implement these changes.
* Produce the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts for a number of our contracts / depots. * Produce the weekly flash P&L and monthly management accounts for a number of our contracts/depots. * Perform analysis and sense checks over weekly revenue to ensure accuracy and identify any trends.
* Playing a lead role in significant projects within the finance team – acquisitions, new contract wins, system changes, etc. * Conducting a review of each week’s results and making recommendations to management with regard to staffing, fleet, and overheads, following up to ensure that these recommendations are actioned.
* Forecasting and financial modelling to understand the impact of making certain changes to resource levels, commercial rates, how jobs are operated, etc. * Ad-hoc analysis for the Finance Director, Operations Director or Regional Directors based on current events or results.
* Helping to design and implement the processes to account for revenue and costs in relation to new contract wins or acquisitions * Support the Management Accountants with some of the key reconciliations (fuel, maintenance costs, etc).
The Candidate:The successful Finance Business Partner will be/have: * Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant - (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) or alternatively someone with several years of accounting experience. * Good Microsoft Excel skills and used to analysing large amounts of data.
* A comfortable and confident communicator who is able to challenge people and change behaviours within an operational environment. * Experience of process improvement, who can identify where processes aren’t working, can recommend new processes and help management to roll these out to operational staff would be a huge benefit.
* You will be hands on in approach and become a real partner in a fast-moving businessBenefits:Competitive salaryCompany pension scheme with employer contributionsPrivate Health CoverLife AssurancePaid holidays (25 days + 8 bank holidays)Cycle to work and Tech schemeEmployee Assistance Programme and reward platform.
Providing discounts to 100’s of top name brands, high street offers, and holidays, as well as Employee Wellbeing and SupportLearning & Development opportunitiesRegular team social eventsTraining and DevelopmentA great working environmentPlease contact for a confidential discussion
Interested in this position?
Apply in one-click with our app - check it out!