Back to search
Posted 19 days ago
�33,000 - 39,000
A company based locally are looking for a Purchasing Officer to join their well established team. The purpose of this position is to plan, organise and control the purchase of goods and services to support the companies operations.
The Purchasing Officer will:
- Manage daily purchasing activities
- Develop and implement best practice purchasing activities
- Develop and prepare inventory forecast reports
- Manage supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Develop and maintain the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation
- Coordinate with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs, including calculation and maintenance
- Ensure that all procured items meet required quality standards and specifications
- Prepare cost estimates and managing costs
- Work to improve purchasing systems and processes
- Train new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system
To be considered the Purchasing Officer will:
- Ideally be degree educated in business or a related field
- Have previous experience within purchasing
- Maintain a deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
- Have previous ERP & MRP experience
- Be confident on Excel, be able to carry out reporting and data manipulation tasks
- Have previous supervisory and management experience
- Be confident on Microsoft Office and purchasing software
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be a strong critical thinker and have great negotiation skills.
- Have strong planning and organisational skills
- Have the ability to work independently
In return our client offers free parking, company bonus and a great team! Please apply for more information on this position.