Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Bristol area
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 + package (DOE)
Sector: Fitout, shopfitting
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is an established and successful regional main contractor with an established reputation within the South West market and beyond. Typical projects are fast track fitout and shopfitting projects for major blue chip brands and offer good working flexibility.
Quantity Surveyor - The Role:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the regional commercial team. You will be responsible for leading the day to day commercial aspects of one or more fitout projects. This position will report to a Commecial Manager and offers strong career progression and excellent longevity through a good pipeline of work and company growth.
Typical duties & responsibilities:
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- Prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
- Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Agree final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
- Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
- Maintain control of sub contractor`s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
- Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
- To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed.
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project in their control.
- Prepare or assist with cost / value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of the project.
- Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
Quantity Surveyor - The Person:
- You will have solid experience with either a national or regional main contractor
- Demonstrable experience of delivering commercial aspects of fitout / refurb projects within budget and programme
- Experience managing a £500k project or larger as QS
- Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
- A good team player, someone who wants to be part of a growing business to achieve common goals.
Quantity Surveyor: The Reward:
- Competitive salary
- Company car allowance
- Company benefits package
- Varied and unique residential developments
- Continued local work within the South West region
Please contact Foresight Search for more information on this, or any other vacancy (phone number removed)