We are working with a global leader who have been established for 50 years and specialise in design, manufacture and supply for industrial applications. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Engineer to join the team in Bedford.
Key requirements for the Production Engineer:
- Must have over 5 years hands on working expereince as a Production Engineer
- Must have over 5 years working expereince with precision machined metal parts
- Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
- Competent in programming CNC machine tools, using CAM.
- Demonstrable experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- HNC in Production Engineering – Essential
- HND in Production Engineering - Desired
Some key responsibilities for the Production Engineer:
- Determine all manufacturing methods of new products together with the individual operational standard time.
- Produce and amend programs for all CNC machines using CAM systems and produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists.
- Examine new machine tools, cutting tools and associated media and processes through journals, visiting other users and attending exhibitions.
- Investigate and prepare justification for capital equipment.
- Select and co-ordination of suitable sub-contract sources, with accountability for quality, price and delivery.
- Train and assist engineers and other employees such as operators and apprentices.
The successful Production Engineer will need to have a flexible and hardworking approach, ability to prioritise, stay calm under pressure, a team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
Shift Pattern standard office hours however there may be the need to work the same shift pattern as the shop floor.