Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
�41,250 + Bonus + Overtime + Benefits
We are recruiting an Electrical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an Energy from Waste power station in Ardley, near Oxford and Bicester. The Electrical Technician will play an integral part in ensuring the facilities electrical systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Electrical Technician you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on electrical assets including motors, transformers, switchgear, drives and HV/LV plant
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely and within environmental parameters of the power station
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for an Electrical Technician with the following:
- A recognised electrical engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry e.g. power station, pharmaceutical plant, steels works, paper mill, manufacturing etc.
- An HNC / ONC / NVQ or equivalent in either electrical engineering would be preferable
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience maintaining electrical plant including motors, switchgear, transformers, drives
- 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulation
- Practical knowledge of maintenance procedures and processes associated with heavy process industries
Salary & Package
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Electrical Technician vacancy as follows:
- A competitive salary of �41,250 per year
- Overtime paid at a rate of 1.5x
- Excellent company benefits
How to apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter to (url removed) or call (phone number removed) to speak to Megan Balmer who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.