Senior Surveyor required... (Civil Engineering)
This company is a specialist, family run Civil Engineering business who have successfully traded for over 100 years and have deep roots in West Sussex. The company has featured on many of the regions most iconic projects, harnessing some of the very latest technology including the use of Drones and GPS guided machines. The business is in fine shape, having already secured several projects for 2024 and ambitious plans to expand and further develop the business over the next 5 years.
This role helps form part of friendly, close knit team and a with a flat management structure where hard work and commitment will be recognised.
· Recruit, support and mentor junior staff
· Maximise profitability on contracts
· Monitoring contract costs against budgets
· Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
· Procurement of sub-contractors, including preparation of sub contract documents
· Assessment and certification of interim and final payments to subcontractors
· Preparation and agreeing main contract variations
· Assist in the preparation of documents for resolution of disputes (adjudications / arbitrations and the like)
· Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
· Ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is confident with a flexible approach.
· Demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment
· Handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
· Possess programme management knowledge and have extensive contract knowledge.
· Must have experience working on civil engineering schemes including Highways.
· Experience as a QS or SQS working with the NEC form of contract.
. Reporting to the Operations Director.
On offer is a generous package to include the choice of car or car allowance, fuel card, 25 days holiday, People pension scheme and a discretionary annual bonus index to the company and personal performance.
We looking for candidates from the civil engineering industry, and in the local area.
For a full job spec or detailed conversation about this opportunity - please contact Tristan Prior