Validation and Verification Engineer
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Validation & Verification (V&V) Engineer based in either Birmingham or Derby. The V&V Engineer will report directly to the V&V Lead Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will lead the V&V management activities across the signalling project portfolio.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain projects in the approved V&V management tools
- Support the production of the verification and validation reports, including the production of template reports
- Provide project requirement's management progress / KPI reports
- Support the Competence Manager with the execution of the internal competence management scheme
- Training of staff on the Alstom V&V tool set and defines staff competence
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering qualification
- Experience working within a system engineering process environment
- Experience applying RSSB, Network Rail standards or equivalent rail infrastructure organisations
- Experience Testing and Validation of safety critical systems
- Knowledge of signalling design, installation, testing or safety assurance
- Use of software database, such as DOORS/Regtify
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom's permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.