Are you a Property Director looking for a truly unique and exciting opportunity? Do you have experience in the high-end retail or hospitality arena with the ability to drive growth in carefully selected locations around the UK and abroad? If your answer is "Yes!" then read on, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss!
Our esteemed client is at an exciting point in their journey - they are performing exceptionally well with a unique and exciting proposition set to grow significantly in the coming years.
A Property Director is sought to play a leading role, not only in the day-to-day maintenance and management of the business's property estate but in guiding it strategically and operationally through its continuing expansion. The successful candidate will be expected to play a key role in identifying profitable real estate opportunities in the UK, internationally and playing an active role in fulfilling the businesses aims in maximising investment whilst placing the Company in the best position from an estate perspective.
Key to success will be the Property Director's ability to develop effective working relationships with the CEO, Board and Senior Leadership team as well as the employees in the firm.
This appointment is key to the future success of the Company and calls for someone who can manage the day-to-day property portfolio of +85 properties, as well as set and deliver the overall property management strategy whilst opening 10-15 news sites each year.
Reporting to Managing Director with close ties with the CFO, the main responsibilities will require the Property Director to:
Ensure that the trading and non-trading estate is managed in an efficient and financially viable manner to maximise all opportunities.
- Act as the senior point of contact between landlords and the business
- Manage any exits and dilapidation requirements in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that rent reviews, lease renewals and re-gears are managed efficiently and in a financially viable manner to reduce overheads wherever possible.
- Manage the company's rating liability in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Have extensive knowledge of property law and planning.
Responsible for the delivery of the property and store development strategy within the UK and internationally
- Work in partnership with all external consultants, design team, legal team and agents to identify new business opportunities, relocations and drive profitable growth within the portfolio.
- Manage timescales to meet annual new site targets whilst satisfying both internal and external stakeholders.
- Source contractors and raw materials where necessary and ensure workload is allocated to ensure project deadlines are opening dates are met.
- Manage and monitor external agents to obtain value for money.
Responsible for estate management including the internal refit and refresh program
- Managing requests and developing a schedule of works to ensure sites are refreshed every 5 year's and in conjunction with lease requirements.
Support and guide the Head of Facilities, setting KPI's, motivating and managing the team.
- Responsible for health and safety compliance throughout the organisations including trading, production and head office locations.
Responsible for the overall property finances including rent, rates and maintenance budgets.
- Preparation and delivery of the property OPEX and CAPEX budget /re-forecasts.
- Work in partnership with the Purchase Ledger team regarding all property payments.
- Ensure weekly / monthly reporting suite is submitted and followed up where required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven Experience: Track record of successful leadership in an business with an expansive property portfolio, which has achieved fast, profitable growth.
- Relevant Experience: Extensive Property experience at Director level or equivalent. Experience is most desirable within the luxury retailing market.
- Growth/expansion: Relevant experience of delivering a Property Strategy to support company growth and business objectives.
- Brand Centric Experience: Demonstrated experience of impeccable levels of property in line with brand.
The ideal candidate will score highly on the following behavioural competencies:
- Leadership: Creates and communicates a clear and compelling view for the future
- Communication and influencing skills: Encourages open discussion on different ideas and views. Welcomes and solicits feedback. Can communicate with a strong impact across a broad range of stakeholders and audiences. Able to flex style to maximise interpersonal effectiveness.
- Adaptability: Able to react to a changing environment confidently, calmly and always with a commercial mind.
- Customer focus: Demonstrates knowledge and insights about customers and acts to fulfil their business needs and exceed their expectations throughout the property estate
- Driving Performance: Defines ambitious goals within relevant areas of the business and establishes priorities with clear responsibilities to ensure results. Manages projects, activities, resources effectively. Models unequivocal focus on task, passion, drive, perseverance, and energy.