Trainee Hoist Erector
As one of the largest and fastest-growing powered access companies in the UK, AFI Group of Companies builds success by nurturing talent and rewarding hard work. If you are looking for a fast-paced and rewarding career, we'd love to hear from you.
AFI Group of Companies are currently recruiting for a Trainee Hoist Erector to work in our Rapid Platforms Depot.
Key to the role is the ability to work as part of a team and having the ability to communicate effectively to both customers and colleagues. You will be self-motivated, have initiative and the ability to prioritise tasks, delegate where appropriate, and manage your time effectively.
Some flexibility may be required with regards to working hours to adapt to the needs of the business. You will be supplied with a company vehicle, so a full UK driving licence is essential.
The Trainee Hoist Erector will undertake the erection and dismantling of goods hoists, ensuring all current health & safety regulations are adhered to at all times; so as to ensure our customers receive quality equipment and an unrivalled service.
Details of Function
- Undertake all works involved with hoists with regards to maintenance, preparation, installation, and dismantling.
- Must be able to work at height.
- Hours of work will vary depending on location.
- Ensure the health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Complete installations and dismantles working within method statement.
- Complete relevant paperwork accurately.
- Foresee problems on site and be able to provide solutions.
- Carry out inspections on machines prior to supervisor's thorough examination (schedule 1).
- Keep hoist transport vehicles clean inside and out at all times.
- Liaise with the office regarding problems and missing/damaged equipment.
- Take pictures of all installations.
- Wear provided PPE at all times.
- Keep the yard clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep a written log of installations and dismantles working towards your NVQ Hoist Installer.
We welcome applications for this Trainee Hoist Erector role from candidates with an interest in developing their skills in the following areas: Hoist Erector, Hoist Installer, time management, and communication skills.
- 25 days holiday, plus statutory holidays.
- Inclusion in a profit share scheme.
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions (from aged 22, but voluntary enrolment can be made before this age. Opt-out available).
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- MyAFI, a comprehensive employee benefits, rewards, and discount programme. Benefits include Cycle2Work scheme, Aviva private medical insurance, and holiday trading, to name a few.
- �100 Christmas bonus.
The ideal candidate for this Trainee Hoist Erector role:
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Will have a proactive approach.
- Someone who currently works or is happy to work at height.
- Scaffold erector background would be useful.
- Previous experience of rack & pinion hoists is preferred although not essential as full training will be provided.
AFI-Rentals are one of the UK's leading powered access rental companies and we provide everything a person needs to work at height safely. From a modern specialist rental fleet to high-quality training, we are a one-stop-shop for the working-at-height industry.
Our core values are teamwork, customer service, and profitability, and we believe employee professional development is at the heart of our success. Because of this, we are an accredited Investors in People company - and have been for many years.
We also have a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and are proud to hold various accreditations, such as:
- 5-Star Achilles BuildingConfidence
- Gold RoSPA award
- + more
Please note that we operate a 2-stage interview process and online testing to screen candidates.