Back to search
Tool Design Engineer
JAM Recruitment Ltd
Posted 9 days ago
- To identify and design tooling solutions to support the manufacture of detail manufacturing components to an exacting design standard.
- Liaison with the design and engineering organisations to provide design for manufacture input Scheming and designing of tools
- Ability to work with different data streams (design data, PTS's etc.) to ensure a fit for purpose design
- Liaison with planning engineers, and other Subject Matter Experts, to ensure coherent tool design and manufacturing solution
- Thorough application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and achieving component interchangeability (ICY)
- Compliance with H&SE requirements and regulations
- Participate in Design reviews to demonstrate compliance to the component design requirement
- Compliance with local manufacturing procedures, use of standard parts and manufacturing processes.
- Identifying product quality and cost saving opportunities
- Capturing and embodying identified engineering and design change (component and tool)
- Advising on tool assembly, machining and treatments processes
Key Skills / Experience:
- HNC or higher level or recognised apprenticeship and experience of working in tool design
- Tool design and manufacturing experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry
- Knowledge of detail and assembly manufacturing processes
- Computer literate with good knowledge of standard office IT packages
- Engineering Toolset knowledge, CATIA V5, PLM (or equivalent Product Data Manager), SAP CAM (computer Aided Manufacture) or SFM (Shop Floor Manager), CDP and VAS
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at multiple organisational levels.
- Ability to manage unplanned events and work to tight deadlines.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn