Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Project Quantity Surveyor
Our client is a Tier 1 Civil Engineering Contractor that has been trading for over 50 years, they are recruiting for a Project QS/Senior Quantity Surveyor on a £30m project in Essex, scope of works includes earthworks, drainage & underground services, RC concrete structures and foundations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day administration of the commercial function of the project, i.e. cost management reporting and supporting, change management, procurement as well as sub-contract/special supplies administration.
- Deep understanding of the project’s contractual and commercial requirements, including contractual compliance, quality and risk management.
- Thorough understanding and competent execution of the monthly reconciled values and updated forecasts for approval by the Commercial Manager
- Agree valuations and variations.
- Interface with and form productive/effective relationships with the site teams
- Work alongside/support Assistant/Trainee Quantity Surveyors.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
Previous experience as a Project Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor with a civil engineering contractor.
Demonstrable experience on heavy civils/infrastructure/sub and super structure projects.
Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages/contracts utilising forms of contract such as JCT and NEC suites.
Experience on an EfW (Energy from Waste) Project would be an advantage.
If you’re a civils Project QS or Senior Quantity Surveyor who is looking for a role and company that places client and operational partnerships at the forefront, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Both PAYE and contractors will be considered for this opportunity. Competitive day rate/ salary (Contract or FTC) Call us now for an interview on (phone number removed) ask for John Ashcroft