IT Infrastructure Engineer
SF Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to be based with one of their key clients in Bristol. This is a full-time, permanent position based in the office, working Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00pm (potential flexibility on start and finish times, and home working if required, but this is not guaranteed).
The role itself will support over 500 users, ensuring to deliver growth and value. This is a hands-on role that will see you involved with technical design, day-to-day delivery, and will cover both BAU and Project/Enhancement work. In addition, you will own the infrastructure across the local sites and datacentres.
- Configuration, support and maintenance of Windows Server and OS
- Configuration, support and maintenance of Linux / Unix
- Design and Support of Server Infrastructure e.g., VMWare, Hyper-V
- Experience supporting engineering applications and License servers, eg Catia, TeamCentre, NX, Nastran
- Leading large-scale projects such as Infrastructure refreshes, site migrations etc.
- Travelling to site to provide proactive and reactive IT Support when required
- Exceptional planning skills with proven ability to reprioritise appropriately
- Ensure all SLA's are met and root cause analysis is performed to address underlying Infrastructure issues
- Act as a technical point of escalation
- Accountable for all the company's services, you will be responsible for the availability, licensing, testing, release and support of the infrastructure
- To work in partnership with the business to design, support and improve new and existing products across the business
- Experienced at driving and managing 3rd party / supplier relationships, including holding delivery partners accountable to ensure that key timescales are adhered to
- Willing to undertake ad-hoc tasks as deemed suitable by the business or management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high degrees of ambiguity arising from a period of significant change
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with technical and business resources
- Documentation such as Rack and network diagrams and maintaining up to date inventory list
- Design and implementation of Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
- Experience in planning / implementing migrations from on-premises to cloud is desirable
Ideal skills required for the role:
- Windows Server and OS
- Linux - Ubuntu, Redhat and CentOS
- Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint
- Hyper-V, VMWare
- Active Directory, Group Policy, Azure
- Backup solutions including Commvault and Azure.
- Monitoring solutions
- Antivirus Solutions
- WSUS & MDT
- Networking - configure, install, maintain
- DNS, DHCP, VLAN
- ITIL Foundation (experience / awareness)
Ideal candidate is someone who has hands-on experience working on Networks and Servers. Any experience working with Linux/Unix would be advantageous too!
If you feel you have the relevant skills for a role like this, and you're looking for an exciting and challenging new role, then please apply today for immediate consideration.