Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer (Remote)
Location: South East region of England / Remote
Salary: 40,000 - 60,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the Company:
Craddys is an award winning 70-strong consultancy of civil & structural engineering enthusiasts producing high quality work in vibrant and friendly modern open-plan design studios in Bristol, Exeter, Wakefield and Cardiff. The consultancy works within a wide range of sectors including industrial, healthcare, education, residential, heritage, retail, commercial and sustainability, with project values ranging from 10k up to 100M. We are currently seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join our team immediately in a remote capacity, geographically positioned within the South East of England.
We pride ourselves on being different and providing a friendly and collaborative environment in which everyone can work and develop. This approach is championed from the top, with Directors located around the offices fully integrated with the staff, you will even see them doing calculations and drawings!
About the role:
We are looking for a talented individual to support the delivery of services to one of our long standing retail framework clients within the South East region of England. Working remotely with the rest of the team across the country you will be managing the delivery of projects across the South East, visiting sites and attending meetings as necessary.
The position generally comprises of the following:
- Being the point of contact for the client and the design team
- Leading a team of in house Structural/Civil/BIM Engineers to deliver efficient design solutions to programme
- Seeing construction projects through from site identification stage to post completion
- Preparing feasibility studies on sites, coordinating ground investigations and surveys, providing input to relevant reports at planning stage
- Attending client coordination and design review meetings, typically either in Buckinghamshire, London and Kent
- Attending monthly site progress meetings as projects progress on site, typically across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and Greater London
- Managing commercial aspects of the framework along with the Directors and Associates
- Initially you will be working alongside the other Senior Engineers working in the other framework regions to 'learn the ropes'
Requirements of the Senior Structural Engineer:
- Have a relevant engineering degree from a Joint Board of Moderators fully or partially accredited course
- Be chartered or close to chartered with ICE or IStructE
- Strong ability to communicate with and manage engineers, architects and clients
- Hold a Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Have experience in the design of structures in a variety of materials. Differing foundation and retaining wall solutions. Experiencing in scoping of ground investigations
- Have at least an understanding of the principles of below ground storm and foul drainage
- Salary will be competitive depending upon skills and experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Professional subscription paid by employer
- Opportunities for further career progression within the organisation
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Senior Structural Engineer role is for you then please apply today detailing your qualifications, any experience and your personal interests in a personalised cover letter and CV.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of; Senior Engineer, Structural Engineer, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Construction Engineer, Building Engineer, Civil Engineering, Senior Structural Technician, AutoCAD, ONC, HND, IStructE, ICE will also be considered for this role.