We are working with one of the fastest-growing makers of traditional nomadic yurts in the South West. Due to exciting growth plans we are seeking a passionate Wood Machinist to join their talented hands-on team.
This company is driven by a vision of artisan artisanship, wellness, entrepreneurialism and high quality at the core, supplying hand-made Yurts to the UK and beyond!
Working in a tight-knit team, your main responsibility will be operating CNC Wood Machinery
More about you:
- You are comfortable working in a small business, where time, budget and slick operations is critical, and things change frequently.
- You demonstrate tenacity and the willingness to go the extra mile, comfortable working to (sometimes tight) deadlines with high levels of integrity to always produce high-quality finish.
- To access programs for machines and amend as necessary
- Setting of machines prior to use
- Cut material to size using a variety of machines
- Shape, bend, fold, punch and drill components
- Works with a wide range of information requiring some interpretation
- Following instructions/work packs
- Experience in operating CNC Machines
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to learn systems and ways of working quickly
- Experience of working as part of a Team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good work ethic
- Good attention to detail and following work processes
Salary on offer dependent on experience.
Full time hours 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, these hours can be flexible if you are looking for part-time.
This is a approximately 4 months contract with the potential to be made permanent.
If you are interested in being a Wood Machinist and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone TQR Plymouth and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest