Fire and Security Engineer – Cardiff – Basic Salary £26,000 - £31,500 Per Annum DOE + Overtime
Fire and Security Engineer- Package Overview:
- Basic Salary £26,000 - £31,500 Per Annum (depending on experience and qualifications, negotiable)
- Overtime available
- Standby paid
- Company vehicle, phone and tablet/PDA
- Full-time, permanent
- Hours of work- Monday to Friday (40 hours a week)
- Excellent progression and training opportunities
- Field based role
- Your area of work will be South Wales and occasionally South West of England
Company Overview – Fire and Security Engineer
Our client, a specialist in the fire and security industry are currently looking for a Fire and Security Engineer to join their highly valued team on a full-time basis.
This Company are continuing to grow at an impressive rate due to their excellent reputation and trusted expertise in their field.
This is an exciting time for the company and the right candidate for the role will need to be enthusiastic, forward thinking and personable with the drive to hit the floor running in order to take full advantage of the opportunities available to them.
Some of the services offered by our client include Access Control, CCTV, Fire Alarms and Intruder Alarms. Previous experience within all of these areas is preferred although not essential as training can be provided in some areas.
You will be part of a team who all understand the importance of working together to ensure a high standard of work is delivered. You will be given support, training and the correct tools to carry out your role efficiently and effectively.
Fire and Security Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out fire alarm, intruder alarm, CCTV and Access Control installations whilst also carrying out service visits & fault finding on the above. Training can be provided for the right candidate if you are willing to learn
- Covering the areas of the South Wales area as well as the South West of England
- Working alone and as part of a team.
- Taking part in a call out rota. Most of the time you will offer verbal support with occasional travel to site if these cannot be rectified over the phone. Standby money will be paid plus money for call outs as well as travel time
- Take responsibility for the overall quality of the work delivered on-site
- Carry out effective communications with the client and administration team
- Ensure the company meets its obligations and adheres to guidelines and regulations laid down by the professional bodies they subscribe to
- Work closely with other engineers and provide support and training to more junior members of the team
The work can be allocated around individual engineers’ personal strengths therefore full training will be provided where needed providing you are willing to learn and get involved in every aspect of the business
Fire and Security Engineer Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a Security Engineer. Fire knowledge is a bonus however training will be provided
- Somebody who has a passion for the trade and is a problem solver with excellent attention to detail
- IPAF, ECS, CSCS Cards would also be beneficial
- A positive attitude and the ability to self-motivate is a must
- A drive and enthusiasm to grab hold of opportunities
- You will be located within a reasonable distance to the offices in Cardiff
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY - APPLY NOW
Get Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful.
Industry Key Words:
Installation Engineer, IP, Integrated Security Systems, Gates & Barriers, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Repair Engineer, Fire and Security Engineer, Security Engineer, Commissioning, Fire Alarm, Security Systems Engineer, Fire Extinguisher, Emergency Lighting, Nurse Call Systems, Security Systems, CCTV, Close Circuit Television, Automatic Number Plate Recognition, ANPR, Access Control, Door Entry, Automated Gates, Life Safety, Health and Safety, Intruder Alarm, Hikvision, Dahua, Qvis, Galaxy, Texecom, Scantronic, Paxton, PAC, Net2, Wisenet, Morley, Advanced, Kentec, C-tec, Gent, Hojicki, HiFire, Pelco, Menvier, Concept Pro, Haes, Notifier, Site Survey, Security System Design, Data, Fibre, Electrical Engineer, Advanced, Morley, Kentec, C-Tec, Galaxy, Texecom, Genetec, Pelco, Bosch, HikVision, Avigalon, Videx, C-Cure, Gallagher, Lenel, Paxton and Milestone