We are working with a well-renowned civil contracting group with over five decades of experience working within the water infrastructure sector.
They currently operate across multiple geographical regions, delivering long-term frameworks, within clean and wastewater.
Due to another influx of new contract wins, they have an exciting opportunity, for a Senior Quantity Surveyor, to join their clean water business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading contractor able to offer continued career progression within a period of sustained growth.
- Manage all costs concerning infrastructure projects with experience in identifying commercial risks and opportunities with respect of their works.
- Provide support to members of the team in delivering varied commercial duties including responsibility for procuring and managing the supply chain.
- Optimise commercial performance through diligent cost control and value-for-money opportunities, whilst achieving the required standards and quality for our customers.
- Assist with commercial relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collation of cost and value information.
- Measurement of works and agreements with subcontractors.
- Measure, record & value work unsupervised by appropriate rules and procedures
- Measure & interpret specifications & drawings.
- Translate measurements from drawings and Specifications and prepare Bills of Quantities and Schedules of rates.
- Review weekly, monthly, section programmes of works and understanding of delay and disruption programmes.
- Plan commercial activities to meet the requirements of section programmes.
- Preparation of Cost reconciliation statements
- Collect information required to specify procurement requirements.
- Experience in carrying out similar roles in a civil engineering environment.
- Experience of NEC form of contract.
- Previous experience in managing costs and maximising value.
- Experience of financial and commercial control within a project
- Experience in procuring and managing supply chain.