Occupational Health Advisor Team Leader
Are you an experienced General Nurse? Do you consider yourself to lead from the front and an asset to a busy team? Are you based in or around Chelmsford?
We have a permanent opportunity available within Kent and Essex Police. This role is ideal for an experienced General Nurse with proven Occupational Health Service experience to lead a team of Occupational Health Advisors.
The successful applicant would be managing X2 Occupational Health Advisors and X2 Practise Nurses. The position offers flexibility around home working and the initial structure would be to undertake X3 case management days and X2 Team Leader administrative days around the demands of the Occupational Health department.
Role: Occupational Health Advisor Team Leader
Location: Essex Police Headquarters, Sandford Rd, Springfield, Chelmsford CM2 6DA
Salary: �42,207 - �45,375 dependent on experience
Start: Dependent upon the passing of Police Vetting checks
- Managing the team of Occupational Health Advisors and maintaining motivation
- Providing direction, sound leadership and participating in recruitment, appraisals, welfare checks and disciplinaries
- Ensuring the day to day service in the OH department is legally compliant and efficient at all times
- Assessing new clients to the OH department and assessing their risk
- Supporting and advising HR staff, line managers and individuals in order to meet the Force's objectives
- Providing functional fitness to work advice and reasonable adjustments
- Responding to employee and manager requests for support and information
- Providing support to employees experiencing difficulty
- Ensuring health surveillance is provided according to current legislation
- Assisting the clinical governance manager in reviewing the team including recruitment, professional development and competency
- Must be a registered General Nurse
- Diploma/Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Health
- A minimum of three years of proven experience within an Occupational Health environment
- Experience managing a team
- IT literate, especially with MS Office applications
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Driving licence and use of a car
- Knowledge of The Police Force and their internal structure
- The dedicated team throughout your journey within the role
- Paid holidays including Bank Holidays
- Public pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Continued professional development
- Opportunity to set up a new function to create a legacy for years to come
- Reliable and strong support function among colleagues and peers
Does this role sound interesting? Apply today and a member of the team will be in contact if you meet our requirements.
All applicants are subject to vetting checks including but not limited to: Right to work check, DBS check and reference check.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.