28,000 per annum
Monday - Thursday 5pm - 2.30am
Friday 2pm - 11.30pm
New directions are looking to recruit a warehouse supervisor for one of its clients based in Chepstow. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the general operations of the warehouse and its staff.
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities and managing Health and safety of staff.
- Ensuring agreed staffing levels are managed.
- Ensuring all health and safety policies are adhered to.
- Recording and reporting accidents in accordance with company policy
- Arranging staff 1 to 1s on a monthly basis
- Ensuring all warehouse service levels are maintained (see below) at the same time as keeping costs at a minimum.
- Planning, co-ordinating and monitoring the receipt, picking and dispatch of goods.
- Ensuring any machinery used on your shift is being handled in a safe manner and investigating any damage taking appropriate action when required to do so.
- Ensuring staff have correct experience and qualifications for their roles.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Ensure all incoming deliveries are put away and paperwork scanned and sent to head office within 3 hours of delivery.
- Ensure warehouse is clean and tidy.
- Previous experience in a managerial role
- Good computer skills
- Warehouse experience
- Ability to manage, inspire and lead a team.
- IOSH qualification an advantage
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.