Quantity Surveyor (Office Fitout)
�40,000 - �45,000 + Package
Commercial Fit-out & Refurbishment
To support expansion plans this company are recruiting for the position of a quantity surveyor to join the team. This role will cover current and planned pipeline, as well as support the business with its strategic growth plans.
If you want to be part of a team,looking to add value and looking forward to a challenge I am keen to hear from you.
This client are a privately owned family business with family values. They provide excellence in fit out, refurbishment, construction, and maintenance within the commercial, compliance, refurbishment, health care, secure environments, residential and social housing sectors of the construction industry nationwide.
They have repeat business on a number of frameworks, and beleive strongly in partnerships with clients and teams
The primary focus will be to take commercial responsibility for the delivery of multiple refurbishments, fit-out projects from inception through to handover.
The role will involvement management of all project costs and value, reporting on projects to the directors and tendering for new works. We are a turnkey contractor delivering projects ranging from 100k-1.5m
Additional responsibilities will include:
* Accountability for maintaining profitability and positive cash position whilst developing and maintaining team relationships.
* Assisted project and resource procurement on several contracts.
* Provided commercial support to directors on a range of projects.
* Preparing, negotiating, and analysing costs for tenders
* Monitoring each stage of construction for secured projects to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts
* Reporting on the cost status of each job as part of projects CVR
* Placing subcontractor and suppliers orders
* cost checking of invoices from subcontractors and suppliers
* Preparation of monthly applications and final accounts, recording and processing of variations and early warning notices.
* In depth knowledge and experience within the Quantity Surveying field
* A good understanding of all aspects of surveying and contractual procedures
* Good knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls
* Strong personal organisational skills
* Ability to work in isolation but also as part of a team within a growing business
* Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Excel