Civil Engineer - £30,000-£37,000 (negotiable DOE) - Derby
My client a multi-disciplinary consultancy are seeking an experienced Civil Engineer for their expanding office/team in Derby office.
This is a great opportunity for a Civil Engineer who is seeking a new challenge with a reputable company.
The successful Civil Engineer would have a good grounding in a range of civil engineering work (drainage, highways etc), or deeper knowledge within one area and a desire to develop their skills across other disciplines.
This is a client facing role, and consequently we require a Civil Engineer with excellent communication skills.
Role & responsibilities:
- Managing and undertaking numerous residential, commercial and public sector related clients and projects.
- Liaison and co-operative working with team members, senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
- Development of surface water drainage strategy designs, Road design, S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation.
- Prepare design models, drawings, calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Submissions of designs for third party approvals which require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Educated to a minimum standard of degree in civil engineering
- Modelling Software Microdrainage - preferred
- PDS or Civil 3D, AutoCAD
- Highway & drainage design
- Experience in with S38, S104, S106 and S278 documentation.
- Knowledge of various County Council design standards
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly report writing and client liaison.
- Sound commercial awareness
- Comfortable in a client facing role
To Apply: If you think that this role is of interest and you wish to apply please contact Samantha Hilling at Alcea Consultancy
Alcea Consultancy are acting as an employment business/agency in relation to this vacancy.
Associated Words: Infrastructure Engineer, Drainage Engineer, Drainage Engineer, Assistant Civil Engineer, highways Engineer,