Teacher of Science - SEMH
A passionate and well qualified Science Teacher is required from September 2023 to take on a permanent teaching position, predominantly teaching KS3/4
The school is located in central Derby and caters for children from lower socio-economic backgrounds. Given the social issues facing the local community many of the students attending this school present behavioural challenges and require an uplifting, resilient and supportive Teacher to build confidence and desire to achieve within lower aspiration cohorts
The school can consider specialisms across Biology, Chemistry or Physics and will involve leading on GCSE teaching in either of these subjects.
ECT's would not be suitable for this position given the high level of behavioural experience required.
For all teachers new to the school regardless of experience, there is a strong sense of togetherness and community within the teaching and SLT team who all share the goal of raising standards for students in their care.
- Plan and deliver effective Science lessons at KS3 & 5
- Experience working with students presenting Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- To be able to manage high levels of behaviour challenge.
- Develop, maintain and stimulate pupil's curiosity in learning
- Be able to convey real world applications for your subject
- Provide challenge for every pupil and to encourage all pupils to achieve their potential
- Share in departmental best practice
- Right to work in the UK (we cannot offer sponsorship for this position)
- QTS held in the UK and recent relevant experience.
- Experience working in SEN, SEMH or inner city environments
- Highly resilient personality traits
- Successful recent experience as a Teacher at KS3 and/or KS4 (CV evidenced)
- Thorough knowledge of current subject specialism (CV & Interview)
- DBS registered to the online update service.