Ambulance care Assistant Eastleigh
Are you looking for a career where you can make a real difference to patients?
Do you welcome the opportunity to meet our patients and take them to and from their appointments safely and on time?
Do you enjoy driving? A typical shift will take you through rural villages, towns, cities as well as further afield so you will get a variety of different driving experiences and challenges.
We want to recruit people to join our team who embrace our values of Caring, Teamwork, Professionalism, and Innovation.
The work involves caring for the most vulnerable in society, so a caring nature is essential.
This role involves:
- Manual handling i.e. lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling patients who are not able to assist themselves.
- Driving a long wheel-base vehicle with manual transmission. You’ll need to show you’re an experienced and competent driver. Ideally, you’ll have good knowledge of the local area.
- Shift Work. You’ll work a variety of shifts, both on your own and with a colleague. You’ll need to be flexible with start and finish times. We operate 365 days a year and you’ll be expected to work some days over Christmas, Bank Holidays, and weekends
- Sometimes working with Covid-positive patients. We will give you full PPE, but you should keep this exposure in mind to be certain this is the right role for you.
- Experience of working in a customer-centred or patient care role.
- To be able to show us that you are warm, welcoming, and friendly and able to reassure the patients in your care.
- A Provisional C1 driving licence as a minimum, with no more than 3 penalty points with appreciable experience of driving larger vehicles
- To be able to commit to a three-week, full-time training programme based at our Newbury Education and Resource Centre.
In return, we will give you:
- All the clinical skills you need to perform this role.
- Full support and training from experienced colleagues whilst you learn the role.
- A competitive salary of £20,270 to £21,318 (includes unsocial hours payments)
- Full-time hours.
- Automatic enrolment to the NHS Pension Scheme.
- Starting annual leave entitlement of 27 days plus bank holidays, rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service.
- Lots of opportunities for career development.
- Opportunities to apply for continuing professional development and other educational qualifications.
- Occupational Health support along with an Employee Assistance Program.
NB: This advert will close when we have received enough applications. This may be after only a few days. It is important to start your application now.
You will need to be available for an interview via Microsoft Teams and to attend an assessment for lifting and driving in Newbury or Bicester.