Deskside Support Engineer II Refresh Project Resource
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer II Refresh Project Resource based on their customer site in Edinburgh. This is a full-time 37.5 hours per week, fixed term contract role until December 2023 to start ASAP. The role is paying up to �26,680 per annum depending on experience.
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate must either hold or be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress applications from British nationals
This is a customer facing role and it is essential that a good relationship with the client is achieved. The role requires excellent software, hardware and customer skills. You will be dealing with hardware refresh of laptops and arranging appointments for installation dates. The role is mainly technical for hardware/software rollout issues and dealing with any requests related to the refresh project.
- Refresh project - building and installing PC assets for client
- Adhere to customer, HSSE and security policies
Site based role refreshing client assets - may be laptop desktop and/or VDI devices
Will be required to build and deploy devices at site and interact with site-based team and customers.
- Full UK driving Licence useful but not essential
- A good technical knowledge of IT, PC's/peripherals and their architecture
- some experience of software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues including Windows OS, Office Suites and core application suites
- Good customer facing skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Software technical qualifications, i.e. MCP, MCSE
- Manufacturer accreditations
- Office 365 & Win 10 experience would be beneficial, but if you have experience in carrying out rollouts/refreshes
- Knowledge of Service Now