Customer Allocation Analyst
Job role: Customer Allocation Analyst
Location: EDINBURGH PARK/HYBRID
Shift Pattern: MONDAY – FRIDAY (36.25 HOURS PER WEEK)
We have an excellent opportunity for a hard working individual to join our Magazine Allocation Team who play an important role in supporting our publisher’s, Retailers and Branches to maintain appropriate service levels across the UK & Ireland. We are looking for a Customer Allocation Analyst.
Reporting directly to the Account Manager you will allocate retailer supplies into our Central Allocation System and sign off titles accurately within sometimes challenging deadlines.
This is great opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the extra mile is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To ensure that all Retailer ranges and range updates are implemented in MD range system accurately and timeously.
- Loading of WHS/WHS Travel Transfiles on a weekly basis and provide feedback on anomalies.
- Input both graded and store specific range updates as requested by Retailers and check input for accuracy.
- Apply new title ranging as provided by i-Mag allocation team.
- Investigate/administer and communicate all Range related queries and feedback internally/externally as appropriate.
- Manage Customer list processing in i-Mag ensuring MD Retailer approved lists are linked to Marketforce Class A ADEF’s.
- Load Marketforce ADEF files in i-Mag and check/feedback on anomalies.
- Refresh Customer lists based on updates provided by Retailers.
- Load and administer Retailer Promotional Tracker files in i-Mag.
- Contribute to the review and update of Best Practice guidelines as agreed with Account Manager – Magazines.
- Deputise for Customer Allocation Executive as and when required by the business.
- Provide assistance to other Newspaper or Magazine Teams as required to maintain workflow/schedules within agreed deadlines.
- Build and maintain robust and effective professional relationships with Publisher and Distributor contacts.
- Act at all times in a professional manner to enhance the professional reputation of the company.
- Regular communication with wider Magazine Team to ensure consistency of service provided to publishers and to discuss any issues or process changes/improvements.
- Provide completed reports to agreed deadlines internally & externally –including Customer/Publisher KPI’s, weekly Commercial update and other ad hoc reports requested.
- Attend and prepare for internal & external meetings including: Team Meetings, Project Meetings, Publisher Visits and inductions.
- Respond to internal and external communication from Retailers, Publishers, Distributors, Operations Team, Customer Service Centre and wider Newstrade Commercial Team in a timely and professional manner.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Strong analytical & numeracy skills.
- PC literate & proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills to be able to provide a professional service to our customers.
- Able to thrive in a team environment which is challenging but dynamic.
- Able to be flexible & work to strict deadlines to meet our Publishers & end Customer requirements.
- Fast and accurate data input skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive detailed knowledge and understanding of MD Range system and functionality.
- Extensive detailed knowledge and understanding of SAP functions relating to Newspapers/Magazine products.
- Willing to learn and undertake new tasks as requested by Account Manager - Magazines.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst using your initiative.
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Plus 2 fixed)
- Hybrid Working
- Full Training & Support
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care
At Menzies Distribution, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.