Job role: ALLOCATION ANALYST
Location: EDINBURGH PARK (SOUTH GYLE)
Shift Pattern: MONDAY – FRIDAY (36.25 HOURS PER WEEK)
We have an excellent opportunity for a hard working individual to join our Magazine Allocation Team who play an important role in supporting our publisher’s, Retailers and Branches to maintain appropriate service levels across the UK & Ireland.
Reporting directly to the Account Manager you will allocate retailer supplies into our Central Allocation System and sign off titles accurately within sometimes challenging deadlines.
You will provide the team with accurate information allowing them to schedule client allocations correctly and ensure all associated administrative and support activities are completed on time.
This is great opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the extra mile is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Entering magazine allocation data into the Central Allocation System based on Publisher criteria
- Amend allocation data where necessary to ensure that the number of copies received by retailers are appropriate based on the Central Allocation System’s rules, company guidelines and past sales history
- Analyse, review and interpret results of calculations, range and compliance data within the Central Allocation System
- Act as point of contact with our publishers, communicating by telephone, online platforms and on a face to face basis, with changes of requirement and providing publisher support
- Regular communication with other Allocation team members to ensure consistency of service provided to publishers and to discuss any issues or process changes/improvements
- Support ad-hoc duties assigned by management when required
WHAT YOU NEED
You’ll be a positive ‘can do’ individual that genuinely likes supporting stakeholders, is able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team and is comfortable working to strict deadlines set by our Publishers & end customer.
You will have a professional and efficient approach to challenging situation, have a good eye for detail and demonstrate a desire to exceed customer expectations
You will have excellent relationship building skills, an ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload, support decision making and have confidence in your own convictions.
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Plus 2 fixed)
- Hybrid Working
- Full Training & Support
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care
At Menzies Distribution, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.