Back to search
Enfield Council - Tree officer
Posted 9 days ago
Enfield Council – Tree officer
Location – Civic Centre, EN1 3ES
25hours a week – On going contract - £25ph
- To assess and process all applications for works to trees - those located within designated conservation areas and those covered by Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs).
- To provide comment and advice on landscaping proposals that form part of planning applications and to comment on planning applications that have an impact on trees
- To provide proofs of evidence and act as an expert witness when required for planning appeals on tree related issues.
- To help deliver the Council’s tree protection programme including maintaining the statutory TPO register, liaising with the Council’s arboriculture and planning policy units, ensuring proper GIS recording of TPO’s and agreed work programme.
- To respond to complaints about arboriculture matters and investigate these in order to consider whether remedial action is required. To take action with regard to infringements of tree related legislation as appropriate.
- To keep abreast of legislative changes relative to trees and their consideration in the planning process, Health and Safety at Work Act etc. and all other legislative requirements relating to the duties of this post.