Title: Design Manager
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000 + package (see below)
Sector: New Build, Apartments, RC Frame, Commercial
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a leading regional main contractor with an established reputation within the South West market. Typical projects are between £6m and £25m in value on flagship Residential Appartments, Care Homes, Commercial and Education projects. The company has an excellent pipeline of work within the South West and is a fast growing business with significant progression opportunity. The company is forward thinking and offers excellent flexibility and hybrid working.
Design Manager - The Role:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to join the team based between office and sites in Exeter in addition to flexible working.
You will be working across two separate projects in Exeter with a combined value in excess of £20 million. Both projects will consist of pre-construction design and post construction design management. The projects will consist of RC Frame apartments so experience must be relevant.
You will be working on both pre-construction and post-construction, responsible for pulling together a variety of functions in a Design Management role. The role will report to an Operations Director and work closely with the Commercial and Project Managers.
You must have post construction delivery experience in a Design Management role ideally for a main contractor.
Design Manager - Accountabilities and key tasks:
- Arranging and chairing the Design team meetings to lead the process with the consultants and sub contract designers, issuing minutes and ensuring the resulting actions are actioned
- Coordinate and pull together resource from a variety of departments including M&E, Structure, Civils, Architects, Commercial and Operations both internally and externally.
- Collate and manage the contract specifications, drawing and related documents for the construction process
- Carrying drawing reviews issuing comments then ensuring all comments are added accordingly to the design
- Carry out technical reviews of any proposed works to ensure contractual and technical compliance.
- Prepare and manage the Design and procurement schedule and issue information release schedules to set design target dates
- Offer input and design reviews into the procurement process
- Providing design support to Project Management teams.
- Review and implement value engineering opportunities
- Utilising specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L compliance are attained as required.
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy all planning conditions are discharged
- Lead Design review workshop with the client / tenant to ensure understanding and satisfaction with proposed works
- Manage the Design Change Proposals for client sign off
- Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
- Issue, track and close out any Requests For Information that arise to enable the design to be completed.
- Assist in the collation of the O&M Health and Safety file
Design Manager - The Person
- You will have solid experience with either a national or regional main contractor.
- Experience as Design Manager
- Demonstrable experience working on post construction design and build projects.
- Experience on large projects of at least £8m in value preferred.
- Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
- A good communicator, able to liaise between different departments in order to achieve a common goal.
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Company benefits package (Death in service, Healthcare, Pension + more)
- Varied projects across sectors
- Continued local work within the South West region.
Please contact Foresight Search for more information on this, or any other vacancy (phone number removed)