GM Global are working with a global multidisciplinary engineering consultancy that are looking to appoint a Structures Lead to their Glasgow office.
Leading a team of 15 engineers and technicians you will be responsible for inspiring coaching and developing the team whilst being involved in bids, managing projects and developing client relationships, both existing and new.
In collaboration with other offices their projects are won not only locally but also at a national and global level. Current projects are in the Education, Health,Energy, Rail and Defence sectors and range up to circa 400M in value.
Typical duties include:
- Ensuring the current teams work load and expanding the team if required.
- Building relationships with clients and being able to identify potential growth opportunities within those clients.
- Managing projects to ensure they are delivered on budget and to programme.
- Coaching and developing the team as well as direct line management of senior engineers.
Essential Experience will include:
- Strong knowledge of contractual matters with regards risk and contract negotiation.
- Experience of running projects with a value of 10M+
- Ability to communicate well with external and internal stakeholders.
- Design software experience.
- Chartered either MICE or MIStructE
- Being a SER certifier would be preferred, or willingness to achieve.
- 7% matched pension
- Professional fees paid
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Bonus based on company performance
- Flexible benefits