Exciting opportunity for a Lead Cyber Security Consultant based in Guildford to be part of an established business practice with multiple projects.
This role requires direct experience of security engineering and the ability to lead assignments and be responsible for supervising direct reports whilst ensuring the overall success of the engagement
Duties will include:
- Providing security expertise for major system procurements and Agile programmes to ensure secure solution delivery
- Identifying, analysing and evaluating information risks across a range of programmes, projects and systems
- Explaining to risk owners and other stakeholders the causes, potential business impacts of information risks throughout the information system lifecycle
- Identifying and presenting options for treating or transferring information risks
- Authoring and/or supporting the development of security assurance documentation in accordance with risk management frameworks
- Developing or reviewing new security architectures that mitigate the risks posed by new technologies and business practices
- Providing consultancy to customers on information assurance and architectural problems
- Scoping security testing activities, and explaining the results and required remediation
- Conducting security monitoring and investigating security incidents
Applicants must possess:
- Experience of complex ICT systems security in a technical delivery or consulting capacity ideally within the UK Defence sector
- A good understanding of enterprise information and communications technology
- The ability to present and justify conclusions to project teams and business stakeholders
- Proven abilities in delivering to client expectations and requirements
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Knowledge of the following is highly desirable for the role:
- Structured security frameworks, such as HMG SPF and ISO27001
- Security, technical and enterprise architecture methods such as TOGAF and SABSA
- Technical risk assessments
- Software development and delivery
- ICT service delivery, including ITIL
- Enterprise security packages, security enforcing software and devices, such as identity management and federation, cryptography, public key infrastructure, firewalls, SIEM, vulnerability scanning, etc
Due to the nature of client side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected. The base office is in Guildford, but it is likely that you will spend the majority of your time working with clients at their sites.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.