Health and Safety Manager
This position is a role which will drive the Health and Safety agenda throughout the company.
The successful person will ensure that appropriate management systems are defined and implemented,
whilst guiding employees towards a positive quality, health and safety culture.
* Implement and improve on existing processes
* Use process mapping to ensure optimum efficiency
* Set up and maintain quality health and safety reporting procedures
* Advise and help action ideas for continuous improvement across quality and health & safety
* Engage with employees to implement safer ways of working via tool box talks or similar
* Work with employees to implement effective visual management
* Coach / mentor employees to expected standards
* Develop and define the company's H&S programmes
* Provide leadership and guidance on all H&S matters
* Foster a H&S culture and bring people on board with a "safety first" approach
* Support HR in establishing H&S training needs
* Deliver H&S inductions to the new starters
* Incident management: register of incidents, RIDDOR, root cause analysis, investigations, corrective and preventative actions, metrics. etc.
* Develop and maintain a system of H&S inspections and audits
* Ensure the company complies with all H&S legal obligations
* Chair regular H&S review meetings with the Management Team
* Develop Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and Safe Working Practices
* Manage First Aid and Emergency Evacuation teams
* Liaise with Departmental Managers and Supervisors to ensure that sufficient H&S systems and controls are present
* Lead H&S improvement teams as needed, specifically within Work at Height, Confined Spaces and Lifting Operations
* Liaise with contractors to review and agree methods of working
* Communicate H&S information to the workforce using dashboards, newsletters, bulletins, etc.
* Carry out regular site tours to provide visible H&S leadership within the company
Critical Skills and Personal Attributes
Functional and personal skills:
* Pragmatic approach to improvement
* High level of competency in H&S
* Demonstrable competence in Problem Solving
* Ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues
* Ability to interface personably with customers - ambassadorial skills
* Flexibility to address business needs
* Data driven decision making
* Team builder
* Adaptable to changing situations
* Hands-on approach
* Capable of leading change at all levels: senior management and workforce
Education and Experience:
* NEBOSH qualification
* Quality Professional
* High degree of competence in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
* Experience on SAP would be an advantage
* Involvement in the implementation of 6 Sigma would be an advantage
* Green Belt or Black Belt 6 Sigma status would be an advantage
* Experience of Working at Height, Confined Spaces, Gas Safety and/or Lifting Operations would be an advantage.
Basic �45K per annum
Salary Paid: Last Thursday of each month.
Hours of Work 40 hours per week
Permanent Health Insurance (after 6 months of service)
In the event that the employee is incapacitated and can't do their normal occupation, insurance pays their salary so that they the employee receives 70% of their normal take home pay.
Death in service
2.5 times the annual salary
25 days per year (2 additional long service days: 1 extra day @ 5yrs, 1 extra day @ 10yrs)
Plus bank holidays
Please forward your CV in the strictest confidence