Shift Maintenance Engineer - Multi-skilled
A-SAFE is a rapidly growing and dynamic environment where open mindedness, curiosity and drive are important. As market leader, A-SAFE is determined to hold its position and create many opportunities for continued growth and development. We have a true global presence including USA, Japan, Australia, Europe and UAE.
We are known for our innovation and ‘can-do’ attitude. A place where talent can thrive and develop as we grow.
In this role you will be responsible for the reactive and preventative maintenance of plant and machinery at our hi-tech manufacturing facility in Elland on a continental shift basis.
We invented the first industrial strength polymer safety barrier, revolutionising workplace safety. We’ve been improving world standards ever since, introducing further advanced safety solutions, including our next generation Rackeye IOT safety device.
Global blue-chip companies use our products. Coca-Cola, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Amazon and Heathrow airport to name but a few.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the maintenance function daily.
- Asset control including the development of the RM and TPM schedules.
- Facility Maintenance.
- Equipment Improvement.
- Implementing cost savings whilst improving performance levels.
- Optimising the overall Machine and Equipment performance.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements and supervise any sub-contractors required on site ( Risk Assessments, Insurance and Method Statements).
- Multi-skilled maintenance engineer, electrically biased.
- Previous manufacturing industry experience.
- Ideally 17th/18th Edition electrical regulations qualified.
- Apprentice trained or equivalent.
- MUST be willing to work on a continental shift basis.
- An active problem solver.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally & in writing and at all levels.
- Self-managing and who sets high standards.
- A proactive team player.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to present information clearly & confidently to both individuals & groups.
- Resourceful, flexible & adaptable.
- Produces high quality work and appreciates the value of ‘right first time’.
At A-SAFE we put our values at the heart of the business.
- We are Pioneers
- We do the Right Thing
- We are in it Together
We have a great track record of developing talent. Offering training, professional study support and career opportunities.
On offer is a highly compeitive hourly rate plus bonus, holidays, pension, state of the art office & manufacturing facilities, on-site subsidised restaraunt, soon to be opened gymnasium and free secure parking.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by us from an agency will be treated as a gift and not eligible for any fee.