Back to search
Material Planning Team Leader
Posted 24 days ago
Join my clients FMCG food company as Material Planning Leader.
Manage a team of 4 in a developing, but yet well established company.
My client are on of the leaders within their market and are a blue chip company.
- Management of the supply planning team and the co-ordination of their daily operational activity
- To maintain availability of materials and packaging
- Ensure that customer service and supply issues are appropriately communicated both externally and internally
- Work closely with the group procurement to ensure smooth transition of any activity / change.
- Work closely with demand planning team on any customer/forecasting related issues.
- Training and development of the team, manage and develop team KPI's, assist with colleague issues, including Disciplinary and Grievance and completing Team appraisals
- Ensure compliance to technical requirements and assist direct reports in cross functional challenges
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influential skills.
- Driven, positive and creative, with resilience to respond to changing priorities, carrying out detailed work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills are essential.
- Successful management experience, with the ability to lead and coach a team of planners.
- You will have a proactive and professional management style dedicated to achieving results and continuous improvement
- Managing the department KPIs (Service, Forecast Accuracy, Waste, Projects)
- Detailed understanding of Material / Packaging planning and scheduling.
- Ability to problem solve at pace
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge - V/H Look Ups, Pivot Tables, Macros A competence in other Microsoft office packages
- The ability to work flexibly within a 24/7 manufacturing operation
- Salary and package.
- Growth opportunities in a forward thinking organisation.