Health & Safety Manager
Our client is a very successful heavy industry manufacturing company and Staffbase have been appointed to recruit for the position of Health Safety & Environment Manager to oversee all aspects of health and safety within the business.
The successful applicant will be based at our client's busy production facility near Lincoln.
Reporting to the Director you will be responsible for undertaking duties required to support and maintain the company's Health, Safety and Environmental policy and procedures.
Delivering a 'hands-on' approach to safety and will focus your efforts on change management and process improvements.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include but is not limited to the following:
- Provide effective HSE guidance, support and training to management and throughout the business.
- To abide by & promote health & safety, ensuring all approved policies & processes are followed.
- Perform Health and Safety audits and identify and implement improvement actions.
- Undertake risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Investigation of accident, incident and near miss reporting and improvement actions
- Produce the monthly Board Report.
- Management of the contractor questionnaires compilation of RAMS.
- Ensure the data sheets for COSHH assessments and REACH declarations are in place.
- Chair the Health and Safety Committee meetings
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a Health and Safety Manager position and ideally will have good knowledge of environmental management systems.
Applicants with HSE experience in a heavy industry manufacturing / production environment such as recycling, aggregates, quarries, foundry will be preferred.
You will hold the relevant technical health and safety accreditation and it is essential that you have IOSH training and a NEBOSH general certificate.
You will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and you will have excellent IT and presentation skills.
Knowledge and understanding of ISO 14001 management systems will be beneficial.
Hours of Work:
Mon to Fri 40 hours
Competitive basic salary �45K-�51K negotiable
36 days annual leave