Back to search
Deputy Manager- Children's Residential
Posted 7 days ago
The Equitas Group are currently recruiting on behalf of their client, a well known accomdation/residential provider for young people all over the UK.
You will be joining an all female home, rated Oustanding by Ofsted for the last two year's running!
Please find more information about the role the below:
- To promote the normal development of the children and young people and ensure staff are able to use appropriate strategies to address areas of concern.
- To protect children and young people from threats to their health, welfare and normal development, inside or outside the home, and ensure that staff are aware of and use local safeguarding procedures and inter-agency arrangements to achieve this.
- To ensure that the home environment is safe, caring and sensitive to the needs of the children being looked after, and that young people are listened to and involved in decisions about the running of the home.
- To participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual children’s care plans.
- To ensure that key stages in the stay of children, such as admission and discharge, are properly managed and reflect decisions recorded in care plans.
- To ensure that children and young people carry as much responsibility for their own lives as they can reasonably and demonstrably be expected to carry, keeping them informed of their circumstances and rights, involving them in planning their lives, supporting them and helping them towards taking greater control and responsibility.
- To provide on-going support to children and young people who have left the home as appropriate.
- To ensure compliance with the Children Act 1989, as amended, Children’s Home Regulations and relevant National Minimum Standards.
- Level 3/4 or equivalent in residential childcare.
- Willingness to complete (if not already) the Level 5 Diploma in Residential Childcare.
- Previous experience in residential childcare setting, ideally EBD/ CSE.
Please apply today or get in touch with Beth Henry if you would like further information!