My client, a growing construction consultancy based in Central London have exciting growth plans for 2023 are currently on the lookout for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to become an integral part of their team.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will work closely with the Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers to provide cost management and commercial support on construction projects. This role will involve assisting with the preparation of budgets, cost plans, and cost forecasts, as well as the measurement and valuation of work in progress. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will also be responsible for subcontractor procurement, contract administration, and the preparation of final accounts. Full APC support will be provided for candidates looking to become Chartered with the RICS.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, cost plans, and cost forecasts
- Measure and value work in progress and prepare variations
- Assist with the procurement of subcontractors and the administration of contracts
- Prepare final accounts and agreement of the subcontractor's final account
- Attend project meetings and liaise with clients, subcontractors, and other stakeholders
- Maintain accurate financial records and reports
- A degree in quantity surveying or a related field
- Some experience in a quantity surveying role, ideally within a construction consultancy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and construction-specific software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines