Quality Assurance Management
QA Department Manager
Staplehurst (South Maidstone)
c£33,000 – c£40,000 depending on experience
Interpersonnel Recruitment’s long-standing client is undergoing a period of growth and seeking a Quality Assurance Department Manager to join them at an exciting time for the organisation. The Department Manager is a senior role within the Quality Assurance Department. This is a very varied role with a high level of responsibility and requires the management of two other members of staff.
The position of QA Department Manager requires a high level of organisation and attention to detail, accompanied by the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively, both with colleagues and customers. You will be responsible for the management of the Quality Assurance of instruments used in many industries including fresh produce and food supply, using the opportunity of your team’s customer relations to promote new products or changes in compliance to increase possible selling potential.
In addition to supplying QA instruments, the department ensures that customer’s equipment is serviced and calibrated to ensure they are operating within acceptable tolerances and accuracy. Servicing is carried out both on and offsite and to UKAS standard where required. The department prides itself on providing a prompt and efficient service to their customers to minimise their inconvenience.
The QA Department Manager will ideally be experienced with a systems approach to help document the process including a good knowledge of Excel worksheets.
· Manage and offer assistance to the QA Admin Assistant and the QA Technician
· Offer technical or product advice to customers
· Understanding who the customers are and the equipment they use
Servicing and Calibration
· Oversee all servicing and calibrating of customer instruments
· Manage the Incoming Goods booking in system spreadsheet – all equipment must be logged
· Overseeing the inspection and testing of instruments prior to sending offsite
· Ensure orders/calibrations are packed and despatched appropriately with DPD
· Update and create calibration certificates and stickers for equipment
· Scan and email/post certificates to customers
· Contact and update customers regarding repairs so their PO’s can be amended
· Ensure Bareiss and weights are annually calibrated
· Oversee all QA sales
· Create email quotations for inbound sales and enquiries through to final orders
· Order stock/supplies, manage pricing and source items if required
· Keep up to date with new product development and the marketplace
· Liaise with Accounts department regarding invoicing and portal payments
· Keep courier export/import records for Ireland/Europe – TARIC coding
· Cross reference all supplier delivery notes with invoices
Key Skills & Competencies
· Prioritisation – multitasker who can assess workload demands
· Organisation – must be methodical and aware of timescales
· Planning and forecasting
· Attention to detail
· Sales awareness (margins, checking market prices)
· Systems – must be able to create and work with systems
· Confident communicator
· Excel proficiency is a must
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website