Two days per week
�24k pro rata / �92 per day
Finance Administrator- The Role
Rekindle Supplementary School is based in Hulme, Manchester. It opens from 4-7pm Tuesday to Friday with creative Saturday sessions from 10-1pm at the Whitworth Art Gallery. We offer nurture and support to working class young people (aged 11 - 14) who have faced numerous challenges and a well-meaning but often erratic education system.
Our primary focus is to design an approach that offers care, support, connection, hope and aspiration. An approach that pushes young people to believe they can be more, but first establishes the solid foundations to catch them when they fall (and they will, often). An approach that first cares about what young people care about, where adults act as mentors and provide space for safe conversations that calm the raging fears of teenage minds.
We believe that a truly motivated and committed village can raise very special children and we intend to create an environment where young people believe they can soar, with the community support, cultural development and a curriculum that supports fierce critical thinking.
This is no ordinary school or educational establishment. We have a board of trustees all aged 18 - 25 years old who have shaped the vision, created the curriculum and who will oversee the process at every stage.
To make this vision a reality we need an outstanding Administrator with Finance experience. You will be an effective organiser with the ability to reconcile the Balance Sheets and be adept at planning for meetings and preparing presentations.
Tell us why you would be great for this role in a one-page cover letter accompanying your CV.
* Collating documentation to support journal transactions for P & L accounts as requested.
* Prepare monthly journals for the Balance sheet accounts.
* Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts.
* Manage payroll process.
* Maintaining cashbooks and credit card receipts - including downloading bank statements,
* Reconcile Bank Statements.
* Ensure all purchase ledger items are complete to enable daily posting.
* Review and reconcile Petty Cash book and cash on a weekly basis.
* Post monthly petty cash journal.
* Liaise with stakeholders to obtain approval for supplier payments.
* Arranging payments via the online banking system, BACS payments and Statutory payments.
* Completing reports for inclusion in the Board report.
* Prepare data for meetings and presentations.
* General Office duties which include organising meetings, photocopying, shredding, maintaining the organisations archiving system etc.
Essential Criteria for the Finance Administrator Role
* Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
* Accurate, organised, and able to meet deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills
* Previous experience in a similar role, be able to meet deadlines,
* Strong teamwork ethic.