Group Finance Manager
Group Finance Manager
Location: Hybrid split of 2 days home and 3 days office (Wilmslow)
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are the Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence. We have never and will never grow our business by cost-cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don't do politics - we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don't do micro-management - we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
Due to the number and scale of acquisitions made, we have now created a separate group function and divisional structure to support the growth. With this comes the need for robust controls, centralized reporting processes, and a strong central finance team to underpin and inform all decision-making. In line with this, we are looking for an ambitious Group Finance Manager.
This role will add significant value to the development of systems and processes around reporting at Group Finance level as well as playing an active role in M&A and having significant involvement in a strategic forward-thinking finance function including month-end reporting, tax and VAT compliance and the annual audit process.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to develop and grow in an exciting business environment.
Financial Reporting - Divisional Group P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow
* Ownership of Divisional Group P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow management accounts and related monthly financial reporting
* Ownership of all supporting Balance Sheet schedules including capex, bank debt and related interest
* Business partnering and conducting of cost centre reviews with operational leads including payroll costs, Information Technology spend, marketing spend and other centralised costs
* Leading of monthly management accounts reviews to Board providing business analysis & commentary on
Financial Reporting - Consolidation
* Ownership of monthly consolidation adjustments and supporting Balance Sheet schedules (including goodwill & amortisation, intercompany)
* Ownership of acquisition accounting for new acquisitions
* Producing intercompany invoicing and recharges schedule
* Business analysis & commentary on monthly consolidated Group results
* Reporting of results (including supplementary information) in Board pack to the Group's lenders via monthly and quarterly bank and covenant reporting
* Dealing promptly and accurately with queries as they arise
Technical Reporting and Control Environment
* Liaising with external auditors and advisors with regard to the Divisional and Consolidated Group Financials
* Ensuring financial integrity of management accounts, including adherence to FRS102 (for statutory reporting)
* Developing the control environment across the Division and wider Group to mitigate any financial risk, whilst also seeking efficiencies and smarter ways of working
* Review of subsidiary balance sheet reconciliations and support with process improvements and controls reviews across the Group's subsidiaries
Be a key point of contact for certain key stakeholders including:
Board, Lenders, Banks, Lawyers, External auditors, Investor reporting team and Internal operational and business leads.
Be a key point of contact on technical accounting matters for the wider finance team including divisional Finance Directors and their teams.
Budgets and Forecasting
* Leading bi-annual Budget process for Divisional Group P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow
* Assisting with review of consolidated Group Budget with regard to key metrics (cash conversion, liquidity, profit margin etc.)
* Responsible for short and medium-term cash forecasting and influencing entities within the Group to ensure that cash conversion targets are achieved
Other ad hoc projects
* Involvement in integration and onboarding of recently made and future acquisitions
* Involvement in hive-up of trade and assets between legal entities
* Leading liquidation of entities post hive-up of assets to other Group Companies
* Involvement in exit readiness and preparing the Group for eventual sale
* Analysis on change in accounting standards/legislation e.g. transition to IFRS from FRS
* Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
* Experience of producing monthly management accounts and related financial reporting
* Technically strong with a good depth of understanding of consolidations and experience of financial reporting under FRS102 and IFRS. Experience of IFRS transition is desirable
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage non-Finance colleagues
* Advanced excel and data manipulation is essential
* Experience of improving processes and control environments
* Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment
* Experience of working in or with PE-backed businesses is preferable, but not essential
* Finance system experience is preferable, but not essential
Working for Citation you will have access to 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days annual leave, pension contributions and more.
Interested in finding out more? Hit Apply now.