Utilities Technician CHP
Competitive salary including allowance
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a leading organisation who run a large UK food and beverage production facility in the Manchester area. They are currently recruiting for a Utilities Technician to join their operations department to oversee the safe & efficient operation of the CHP and associated plant.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Utilities Operator, your duties will include:
- Being responsible for the safe & efficient operation of the site services & utilities plant such as steam systems, power generation plant, compressors plant, water systems, cooling towers, fuel supply systems, effluent treatment plant etc.
- Carrying out first line maintenance & fault diagnostics across the plant.
- Supervise the safe off-loading of chemicals and supplies.
- Monitoring of the plant & process via control systems (such as HMI, PLC, SCADA or DCS).
- Ensuring adherence with health & safety, permits to work, risk assessments, safe systems of work, along with isolations checklists.
- Safely isolating plant & equipment including creating and reviewing operating procedures, RAMS and Isolation checklists.
- Accurately create reports & logs for handovers.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- ONC/C&G/NVQ Level 3 minimum in Engineering/Plant Operations or Apprentice qualified
- BOAS Certificate or similar is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Power Generation in an Operations based role this can be from a CHP, Energy from Waste, Biomass, CCGT or similar Power Station
- Mechanical/Electrical maintenance skillset
- IOSH or H&S certificate
- Experience working to Safe Systems of Work
- Royal Navy Marine Engineer Leading Marine Engineers are welcome to apply
- Experience in HV switching would be advantageous.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- Competitive list of company benefits including pension
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter to (url removed) or call Emily Lobacz on (phone number removed) who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.