Back to search
Senior Network Engineer
Posted 19 days ago
Currently working with a leading university on a look out for a Senior Network Engineer
Role is Hybrid - 3 days on site per week in the Manchester Area
Experience of the following:
- Significant experience of being an SME and leading on delivering complex project and operational change.
- Several years of operating at a senior level. Not a junior moving to a senior now.
- Needs to have medium to large size enterprise experience.
- Ideally not candidates that have only experience of a managed service provider that may focus on carrying out scripted set tasks and processes only.
- Exposure to large campus network architecture, and modern technologies including but not limited too;
- Cisco ISE
- Wireless technologies
- Software defined routing and datacentre functions.
- Public Cloud integration and support.
- Experience updating and maintaining Network infrastructure in accordance with good change management processes.
- Capable of working alone and gathering information and requirements independently.
Technical Skills (Essential)
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- Large Enterprise grade firewalling + Micro segmentation
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco DNAC Management and operations.
- Cisco ACI
- Azure Express Route
Technical Skills (Desirable)
- VMWare NSX-T Networking and Security
- Palo Alto Firewalling Experience
- Cisco ASA Firewalling Experience
- Azure Public Cloud Networking
- VMWare AVS Solution
- Hybrid working: Must be local to Manchester and be able to work on site central to Manchester 3 days per week, without compromise.
- Monday to Friday 8:45 - 5pm.
- Some ooh work, paid overtime or time back.
- No car required once on-site, all buildings walkable