Job Title: Domestic Cleaner
Location: St Luke's Hospital, LE16 7BN
Pay: 11.45 per hour plus enhanced rates for weekends and bank holidays
About the trust:
NHS Property Services partner with customers to enable excellent patient care by acting as a trusted advisor to the NHS and by providing the best estate solutions. They manage 2,700 properties with 6,300 customers across England, which accounts for approximately 10% of the total NHS estate. Their properties range from listed buildings to new integrated care centres and include hospitals, GP practices and offices. Our 6,000 colleagues have expertise in every area of estates and facilities management within the NHS.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Assist in general cleaning of clinical areas.
- Ensure infection control policies are adhered to which ensures we maintain the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Responsible for the safe use of cleaning equipment
- Liaise with departmental staff, colleagues, line managers and patients.
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the above.
You'll have the following skills/experience:
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written
- Good communicator who can follow instructions
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in a domestic or similar role
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
- Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week
- Essential support when you need it- 24/7 365 days- call us anytime
- Multi locational- work across neighbouring Trusts
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your "My Bank" shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or longer-term placements
- Training and development opportunities- Keep up with the essentials and more
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work- your work life balance is important to us
- Stakeholder pension scheme available- a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in place to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities' organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants form a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website.