Back to search
Posted 18 days ago
Quantity Surveyor, Dublin
Our client is a well-established contractor, having been in Construction development for over 100 years they are ever expanding and are now seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join them for their large-scale commercial projects based in Dublin.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying�
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts� and cost reporting
- Thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities and drawings
- Strong expertise in extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages�
- Proven track record in Commercial / Industrial Projects
- Excellent budgetary responsibility experience
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting. �
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.�
The candidate would be responsible for the following:
- Liaising and reporting to the Surveying Director, Project Director, and Project Manager.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the Company
- Attending regular site meeting and communicate effectively to keep the BCL Senior Quantity Surveyor up to date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects in conjunction with Head Office Quantity Surveying Staff
- Negotiating new projects and fixed price premiums which are cost effective�
- Organising and chairing pre-award meetings with new sub-contractors in conjunction with the Construction Team
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Processing fortnightly / monthly sub-contractor payment certificates
- Compiling the variation log and signing off on variations with the Junior Quantity Surveyor
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Junior Quantity Surveyor and correlating payments received.
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
In return our client can offer a competitive salary, a good package and genuine career opportunities.
Please note that if you are applying from outside of Ireland our client will not supply a candidate with accommodation!