Health And Safety Advisor
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Reasons could include: the employer is not accepting applications, is not actively hiring, or is reviewing applications
* Contribution and help in implementation positive health and safety initiatives within the business.* Will carry out an agreed programme of regular project and site inspections and audits to monitor and check the effectiveness of current health and safety policies and procedures is being properly implemented.
* Ensure the keeping of records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.* Assist in the delivery of training and awareness programs for staff within the business and lead in-house training with managers and employees on health and safety issues and risks.
* Assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents and the completion and issue of written reports.* Assist in the recording of accidents and incidents statistics and produce management reports for business directors and managers* Assist in producing H&S information, bulletins and newsletters.
* Represent the company to clients and outside bodies regarding health and safety matters.* Advise management on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
* Provide advice to management on the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos etc.* Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
Requirements:Necessary skills and experience* Previous experience of H&S responsibilities at an intermediate level within the construction or engineering sectors. Minimum of three years'.* Minimum qualification is NEBOSH construction or general certificate or similar related qualification (essential).
Personal skills* Good IT skills.* Good communication skills and attention to detail.* A proactive and flexible approach to workload and areas of responsibilityThis company look after their staff and there is great potential here to grow with the business.
If interested in discussing prior to application, please do not hesitate to contact me, Thanks, Pat at Carrowhugh Group
Explore these related job opportunities